How is Atlantis Academy responding to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak?
While the country and the world respond to the unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to follow public health guidelines. The safety of our students and staff is our top priority – as is our commitment to continuing to provide a high-quality experience of academic, behavioral, social and emotional support for every one of our students.
As of March 16, 2020, our physical school locations are closed for an extended period, but our teachers and students are teaching and learning at all grade levels. We have enacted remote learning, with online e-learning and synchronous video classes for all Atlantis students.
How does remote learning work at Atlantis Academies?
In response to public health guidelines, Atlantis Academies teachers and staff have acted quickly to adapt the curriculum to facilitate remote learning for our students.
Here’s what we’re doing:
- Expanding online/e-learning so students can keep making progress;
- Providing synchronous classes by video;
- Utilizing remote resources to mirror the original Atlantis school day schedule as closely as possible;
- Making teachers available by phone, email, and Zoom so students and family can receive ongoing support from teachers;
- Working with individual students to continue to provide the personal attention and support to help them achieve their academic goals.
Atlantis teachers, staff and leadership are here to support our students adjusting to this transition. If students or families need any additional resources or accommodations throughout their remote learning experience, we encourage them to contact us.
How will the current pandemic situation affect graduating seniors?
We realize this is an especially important time for seniors as they work toward graduation, so we’re doing all we can to help ensure seniors attain the credits they need to earn their diploma.
We encourage students and families to continue to check our Facebook page regularly, and reach out to your site director for updates about graduation plans.
We’re here for our students and families during this unprecedented time and encourage them to reach out to us for help and support.
Are tours of Atlantis Academy locations given during this time?
YES. We are offering virtual tours for all Atlantis locations and programs. Atlantis staff is happy to accommodate a virtual tour that fits with your schedule – at any time of day or night. To coordinate scheduling a virtual tour with us, please contact your preferred school location.
Contact information by location listed below:
- Atlantis Academy Palm Beach: (561) 642-3100; email Mary Joyner
- Atlantis Academy Miami: (305) 271-9771; email Marlene Hernandez
- Atlantis Academy Coral Springs: (954) 752-7571; email Donna Bussiere
- L.I.F.E. Program, Coral Springs: (954) 752-7571; email Donna Bussiere
- L.I.F.E. Program, Miami: (305) 456-9578; email Patricia Giner
Can new students still enroll in an Atlantis Academy program during this time?
YES! New students are welcome to enroll with us. We are currently accepting students for the 2019-20 school year, and for the 2020-21 school year. Please use the inquiry form that corresponds to your school (links below) to get the process started. A member of our school team will contact you once your information is received.